Netball New Zealand (NNZ) takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting personal information that we collect from you or which we have obtained about you from a third party. By “NNZ” we mean the following organisations/companies and their associated brands:
- Netball New Zealand Incorporated
- Netball Waikato Bay of Plenty Incorporated
- NLNZ Limited (T/A Mainland Tactix)
- New Netball Team Ltd (T/A Stars)
- WBoP Magic Ltd (T/A Waikato Bay of Plenty Magic)
Why do we collect personal information?
NNZ collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer the sport of netball, including by sharing your personal information with third party providers who use it to assist us with the administration of netball;
- to promote the game of netball, including marketing by NNZ on behalf of our commercial partners;
- to provide you with services, including online learning and development, offers, communications associated with NNZ, and membership programmes;
- to inform you of important netball-related information or related events;
- to contact you (either directly or by appointing another organisation) to carry out market research and surveys;
- to track and analyse activity on NNZ owned or operated website(s);
- for statistical and research purposes, including, but not limited to, reporting requirements for funders and government;
- to create an individual profile for you, so we can enhance your user experience, understand and respect your preferences, and to provide details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them; and
- for any other purpose that we may notify to you.
We do not sell information that identifies you personally.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect information about you through the following means:
- in the course of providing our products and services to you;
- through your participation in netball and/or our e-learning platforms;
- when you create an account with us and update your account information (including, but not limited to, SilverFans);
- when you sign up to our mailing lists to receive direct information and marketing;
- when you make purchases from one of NNZ’s third party providers (such as, but not limited to, the NNZ online stores, ticketing providers for our events, NetballPass, and Netfit);
- when you use NNZ owned or operated websites and the products, services and functionalities offered through them;
- when you follow a NNZ owned channel on social media;
- when you enter certain events or competitions (this may include through registration based platforms);
- when you contact us for information about our products or services; and
- when you contact us for any other purpose.
Where a parent, legal guardian or other responsible person accesses or uses our services on behalf of another person who is a minor:
- we may collect personal information about the minor from you;
- by providing us with information about a minor, you warrant that you are authorised to do so by law (including, where appropriate, having obtained all necessary consents to do so);
- you are responsible for monitoring the minor’s access to, and use of, our products and services;
What personal information do we collect?
- your contact details including your name, email address, address, phone number, date of birth or other information reasonably relevant to our products and services;
- your health information (as required);
- your biometric and performance information related to the sport of netball;
- information about your participation and interaction with netball or our partners;
- your financial information, such as your bank account (as required);
- information about any school, Netball Centre or other sporting club or association of which you are a member or which you are, or have been affiliated with; and
- any other personal information you provide to us in relation to the products and services we offer, or in the course of your employment with us (if applicable).
If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us on request, you may be ineligible to participate in certain events or competitions, or we may not be able to provide certain information, products or services to you.
We may use “cookies” and collect session information to provide you with access to tailored information and products on NNZ owned or operated websites.
A cookie is a piece of programming which enables us to customise services on our NNZ owned or operated websites to help with navigation, monitor usage and to help personalise your experience. For example, a cookie can be used to store registration information so that you do not need to re-enter that information on a subsequent visit to the site.
We may send cookies to your computer while you are accessing NNZ owned or operated websites. We do not use them to collect any personal information about you, although we may collect non-attributed (anonymous) information regarding your use of NNZ owned or operated websites. Web browsers enable you to either accept or decline the receipt of cookies. If you utilise this function you will still be able to access this site albeit without some enhancement features.
- the server your computer is logged onto;
- your browser type;
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the performance of our marketing efforts.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use Google Analytics
In addition, we use Google Analytics to collect information on how you interact with NNZ owned or operated websites, by using cookies to collect information similar to that listed above.
Google Analytics uses this information to perform statistical analysis of aggregate user behaviour, but this analysis is not based on personal information. We use this analysis to measure advertising effectiveness and relative consumer interest in the various areas of NNZ owned or operated websites and to present relevant advertising on websites where we advertise. NNZ may disclose the information collected by Google Analytics, in an aggregate (not personal) form only, to third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
For more information about Google Analytics see the below links:
Disclosure of personal information
In order to provide certain products and services, for example in the administration of netball, human resources, and business management, NNZ may appoint other organisations to carry out some of the processing of activities on our behalf. In some circumstances, this may require NNZ to share your personal information with service providers who perform services that NNZ have requested. Our service providers are not authorised by us to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf in accordance with this policy or to comply with legislation.
We currently store our electronic data, which includes personal information, on secure servers located in New Zealand and overseas. Use of these servers means some of the personal information we hold may be transferred to, or accessed from, countries other than New Zealand, by our service providers. However, to the extent we transfer or disclose personal information to a third party outside of New Zealand we will ensure that such third party is subject to comparable privacy laws to New Zealand or is otherwise required to protect the personal information in a way that is, overall, comparable to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
How long we hold personal information
The personal information we collect will be retained for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and may lawfully be used.
Security and storage
We hold your personal information safely and securely in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the Privacy Act 2020. In particular, we take reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss of personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the internet and you acknowledge and agree that any online transmission of personal information to us is conducted at your own risk.
NNZ owned or operated websites, any direct marketing, or other communications we have with you may contain links to third party websites. Unless expressly stated otherwise, these websites have not been developed by and are not controlled by us. They are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with the privacy practices of the third party websites linked. We encourage you to be aware when you leave NNZ owned or operated websites and to read the privacy statements of each and every third party website you visit.
How you can access and correct your personal information
You are entitled to obtain confirmation of whether or not we hold any personal information about you and to obtain access to that information. You may request correction of or access to your personal information at any time.
If you request access to, or a copy of, your personal information, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you, if that information is held in a way that it can be readily retrieved. However, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, to take into account the time, cost and effort involved.
If you request a correction to your personal information and we agree that your personal information needs correcting, an amended record of your personal information will be provided back to you. If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of correction sought but not made.
If you have any questions about your personal information or want to access or amend your details you can contact us by email at
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, offers or information from us, please contact us on
Lodging a complaint with the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner if you feel your privacy has been breached. You can find more information on the complaint process here.
You can contact us at any time regarding your personal information by emailing us at
- Address: PO Box 99710, Newmarket, Auckland 1149
- Email address:
- Telephone: 09 623 3200
Rights under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In addition to the rights above, you may have certain additional rights if you are based in the European Economic Area, including:
- To erase your personal information - You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it, if you withdraw your consent (where applicable) or you validly object to the processing. If you are entitled to erasure we will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, even after our reasonable efforts to erase, there may be some residual information that could remain within our databases and other records which is not removed. We may also need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, for compliance with our legal obligations, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and/or to complete any transactions started before your request is received. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about your request where reasonably possible. If you ask us, where it is reasonably possible and lawful for us to do so, we'll also tell you who we've shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- To restrict or object to the processing of your personal information - You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us doing so. If you are entitled to restriction and if we’ve shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the restriction where it is reasonably possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is reasonably possible and lawful for us to do so, we'll also tell you who we've shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- To transfer your personal information - You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere. You may also ask us to transfer this data to a third-party of your choice where this is technically practicable.
- To withdraw consent - If we rely on your consent as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- To obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction, and
- To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority in the European Economic Area.